Thursday, April 12, 2012

Deer Head Decor

Admittedly, this is an odd post but I felt the need to share regardless.  Deer Head Decor.  The ever growing, popular trend in home decor as of late.  My husband and most of the people in my family for that matter {except Leah~she knew exactly what I was referring to}, think I'm crazy to want a deer head on a wall in my house.  I'm not talking the kind of taxidermy deer head from a south georgia kill, I'm talking an elegant heavy set of antlers or a dainty white lacquer spray paint kind.  I'm sure whoever is reading this is either laughing or scratching their head right now in disbelief.  I'm serious though!  Its so fashionable right now that stores are selling these things for big "bucks!"  Pun intended.

Well, friends, I will not be paying a penny for one because I was lucky enough to find one in an old building on our land down south.  The real deal, folks, an old deer head with antlers in tact! And the best part, for free!  We named him George.  Long story but my neices thought it was funny and so did I : )

I spent a few moments every free chance I had flipping through Southern Living and House Beautiful magazine in my quest to show my family over Easter that this is, in fact, super chic and that I am not crazy!  I intend to prove my husband wrong and show him that my fabulous find at our farm will be lookin' super fly on our wall and not shoved in a closet somewhere.

Here are some examples of this growing trend and one BEFORE pic of my little deer head.  He,
"George," will be getting decorated sometime over the weekend with white shiny spray paint to look similar to this...although this guy is fake...

NOTE: This retails at Z Gallerie for $49.95.  But mine...FREE!





Picture {via}

Picture {via}.  Love the chevron stripes here too!

Picture {via }
  And these are just some examples of this fun new trend!  And now for the BEFORE of my deer head.  I stress that word because he's a bit scary without the spray paint! I'll post an after pic on my weekend updates post next week. 



Enjoy your Friday!  I am taking the day off work to enjoy good times with good friends at the Braves game home opener. Go Bravos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment